The Computer Network Information Center, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CNIC, CAS), founded in April, 1995, is a subsidiary support institution of the CAS and also a MEng. and Ph.D. graduate education institution authorized by the Academic Degree Commission of the State Council.
Graduate programs have been established on computer science and technology (Ph.D. and MEng.), computer technology (MEng.) and software engineering (MEng.). Please contact Ms. LIU Boyun (email: email@example.com) for more information about CNIC's graduate admission.
Enrollment orientation for 2017 Ph.D. students includes:
1. Computer Architecture such as network architecture, management security, wireless technology, Internet architecture, network information security, Internet data analysis, etc.;
2. Computer software and theory such as high performance computing and grid technology, high performance computing and computational biology, processing algorithm and software for next-generation DNA/RNA-seq data, high performance computing technology for computational chemistry and computational biology, parallel numerical algorithm and software;
3. Computer application technology such as data intensive computing and application, big data mining and application, science data cloud service, theory and methodology of distributed data mining and machine learning, theory and methodology of massive data distributed processing, visual analysis of scientific data, e-Science technology and application, big data processing technology and application, informatics technology and application, materials informatics, etc.
Enrollment orientation for 2017 MEng. students includes:
1. Computer architecture such as network architecture, management, security, wireless technology, next generation Internet architecture, Internet trusted system, network information security, computer network, mobile network, etc;
2. Computer software and theory such as high performance computing, visualization and grid technology, visualization and visual analytics, network collaboration technology, recommendation technology, distributed system, cloud computing, embedded operating system and Internet of things, high performance computing environment software and technology, big data mining, user behavior analysis, etc.;
3. Computer application technology such as research application integration, data mining, machine learning, e-Science application, big data analysis, materials informatics, computing materials science, big data management and processing technology, big research data technology, new media technology application, mobile Internet application, web data mining, etc.;
4. Cybersecurity such as cybersecurity situation awareness, security big data analysis, cloud computing security, etc.;
5. Computer technology such as network management and security, network application, wireless and sensor network, Internet of things technology and application, distributed system, cloud computing, brain science, deep learning, big data analysis, high performance computing application, visualization and grid technology application, big data technology for ecological and environmental science, data center infrastructure management, Internet data analysis, bioinformatics, search engine technology, semantic web, linked data, data mining and knowledge discovery, etc.;
6. Software engineering such as informatization methodology and practice, data and intelligence, software architecture, large-scale information system development, mobile application, software design and development, new media application, etc.
CNIC has trained over 220 post graduates in the past five years. By the end of 2015, CNIC has 179 graduate students including 40 Ph.D. candidates. CNIC has always giving emphasis to the training of comprehensive quality of students with moral, ability and innovative sprit as its constant policy and objective.
Since CNIC entered the Knowledge Innovation Program of the Chinese Academy of Sciences in the early 2002, it has taken a considerable number of major engineering projects of national or CAS level, and has achieved fruitful results and won several special and first prizes of the Scientific and Technological Progress Award from the Chinese Academy of Sciences, and the second and third prizes of National Scientific and Technological Progress Award from the state government, and the special prize of Scientific and Technological Progress Award from Beijing Municipal Government. CNIC has also established good cooperative and academic exchange ties with US, EU, Japan, Canada, etc. The post graduate students are able to take part in the R&D work under the projects of 863, 973, Natural Science Foundation of China, and CAS informatization. During their study period, the students can enjoy various benefits such as scholarships, medical care and RA subsidies, as well as taking part in recreational and sports activities organized by the staff and post graduates association, CPC party branch, etc.
With a batch of experienced academic forerunners, advanced computer network environment resources and strong academic atmosphere, CNIC has provided excellent conditions for the training and education of its post graduates.